News, Analysis and Informed Opinions from the Industry Experts.
Professional AV Analytics, Data and Research
Futuresource has been supporting companies across the entire Professional AV supply chain for over 20 years with tailored subscription-based industry tracking and forecasting services, complemented by informed strategic insights and independent business assessments. In a rapidly changing market, Professional AV technologies are often competing for the same end-user budgets. Consequently, a large proportion of our analysts' time is now dedicated to building on our in-depth understanding of critical success factors, allowing the development of impartial and accurate vertical market forecasts. This approach maps onto our clients' switch from product-led to application/solution-led strategies. Our Professional AV Services offer clients the unique ability to make both high-level strategic decisions based on cross-product analysis and tactical decisions at an individual product category level.
- Professional Display – Projection, Commercial Flat Panel/Digital Signage, LED, Interactive Displays, Video Wall & Tiled Displays
- Collaboration – Wireless Presentation Solutions, Audio Conferencing, Video Conferencing, Team Collaboration Displays
- Professional Audio – Loudspeakers, Amplifiers, Microphones, Mixer Consoles, Headphones, Studio & Recording
- Signal Distribution – Matrix Switchers, AV Over IP
- Digital Signage - Displays, Projection in Digital Signage, Retail
- End User – Corporate, Higher Education
We support our clients' decision-making through a range of services leveraging unique methodologies and building on our in-depth knowledge of the displays market and end customer needs. Futuresource expert Analysts help industry players make fast tactical decisions or look more strategically at longer-term industry direction. Wrapping around tracking and sizing services, Futuresource Analysts pay attention to the wider eco-system of products and solutions driving display sales, understanding trends in wireless presentation systems, video conferencing, UC &C and signal distribution; vital for clients wanting to build business in the presentation space. We help clients understand opportunities in digital signage and out-of-home media based on our knowledge of trends in software, media players and content production and support clients' understanding of routes to market, vertical market dynamics and end-user behaviour.
- Product Track - Quarterly market sizing and analysis, 5-year forecasts, market commentary and analyst support
- Vertical Market TAM Profiling - Location analysis with sales performance overlay
- Channel -
- Monthly Distribution Tracking - Quantitative sample-based sell-out tracking service
- Bi-annual Reseller Survey - Reporting on the thoughts and opinions of key VARs
- Price Track - Quarterly assessment of key product pricing trends
- End User Surveys - Assessing the needs, wants and expectations of end users across a range of vertical markets
- Custom Research and Consulting - projects supporting your business decisions
- 'Hot Topic' Reports
The Professional AV team draws upon a wide range of methodologies to support its core services:
- Sales Tracking
- Collecting sales information by model and country directly from vendors allows Futuresource to build a granular view of market performance, in many instances covering 60+ countries.
- An extensive programme of expert interviews up and down the supply chain gives our analysts the opportunity to dig behind the numbers, build insights and understand future expectations for each product category.
- Secondary research sources including Government agencies, industry associations, trade publications and company financial reports are used for cross-checking.
- Vertical Market TAM Profiling
- Built over many years using secondary sources including Government agencies, trade bodies/publications and industry associations to build the profiling framework.
- Overlaying sales performance from tracking services, interviews and analyst insights.
- Channel Research
- Monthly Distribution Sell-out Tracking - Monthly sales-out volume collected from key sales channels across Europe.
- Bi-annual Reseller Survey - Interviews with resellers selling display equipment across the EU5 countries.
- Industry-leading "Web scraping" tools capturing display product pricing from over 500 sites daily.
- End User Surveys – Telephone and web surveys to identify installed equipment, technology awareness and attitudes, future investment and decision criteria.
- Granular, highly accurate datasets built from actual model-level shipment data received directly from display manufacturers, available via our proprietary online software ‘Analyzer’ or Excel download.
- Unparalleled cross-product analysis offering deep, unbiased insights and accurate forecasts.
- Direct access to industry experts via the Helpline Service providing open-ended access for ad-hoc questions.
- Market reports that deliver insight, opinion and data interpretation in a concise way.
- On-site visits from the analyst. Option to request support with workshops, strategy planning, market insight days.
For more information about how Futuresource Consulting's Professional AV services can benefit your business, please contact:
Associate Director - Professional AV
+44 (0) 1582 500 172
Here at Futuresource Consulting we deliver specialist research and consulting services, providing market forecasts and intelligence reports. Since the 1980s we have supported a range of industry sectors, which has grown to include: CE, Broadcast, Entertainment Content, EdTech and many more.